Foucard & Fils was founded in 1937, when Camille Camallonga, father of Yvonne Foucard, acquired Château Chêne-Vieux in Puisseguin Saint-Emilion in the Bordeaux region of France. The house was built by Louis Simonnet in 1902. Mayor of the town, it is thanks to his support that Puisseguin Saint-Emilion became a Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée in 1936.
Camille Camallonga then took over the business, which at that time only had 6 hectares planted. A winegrower and wine merchant, based in Algeria, he was bottling wine from 300 hectares in the Oran region in north Africa.
When he died in 1958, his daughter Yvonne inherited Château Chêne-Vieux. Born in 1923, Yvonne Camallonga grew up between the Oran wine farms and Château Chêne-Vieux. In 1948 she married a young lawyer: Henri Foucard, who worked alongside his stepfather in Algeria. They had two sons together, Michel and Jean-Yves.
In 1963, after their return to France, Yvonne and Henri acquired Château de Musset, in Lalande de Pomerol. At the time, only 7 hectares were planted.
In 1981, Michel, doctor of medicine, and Jean-Yves, a graduate of HEC, were associated with the management of the farm and SCE Y. Foucard & fils was created.
It was in 1988 that they took over together. The same year, a new operations manager, Vincent Duffau Lagarrosse, was recruited for the two properties.