Owner: A&A International (Contact: Sylvie Perez).
History: 1632 The estate is named after Cardinal Richelieu or Armand Jean du Plessis, who was born in Paris in 1585. He became Cardinal Duc de Richelieu et de Fronsac in 1622, and bought this estate in 1632, possibly as a place in which to house secretly his favourite mistress. | 1994 Yves Viaud was in the process of selling Château Richelieu (Bernard Ginestet, 1994, p.168). | 1990s In the late 1990s the then owner Monsieur Gauthier sold to Wine Estate Capital Management whose major shareholder Arjen Pen worked in marketing and sales in the airline industry. | 2009 In 2009 A&A International, a Hong Kong-based group with interests in real estate, golf, electronics, and luxury clothing became the majority shareholder in Château Richelieu. The company was represented by Mrs An Yinghui.
Vineyards: 2009 Since 2009, the new majority owners added vineyards (by purchase). Consultant Stéphane Toutoundji suggested planting Malbec to add ‘spice’ to the wine.
Organic certification: 2017 First vintage with full organic certification.
Winery: 2017 New winery completed.
Fronsac AOC, Château Richelieu: 2005 Stéphane Derenoncourt was the consultant at the time.
Fronsac AOC, Château Richelieu La Favourite: Named in honour of Cardinal Richelieu’s favourite mistress.
Agri-tourism: Bed & breakfast. Swimming pool.
Château Richelieu, 4 Chemin de Richelieu, F-33126 Fronsac (Gironde), France
Tel+33 (0)22.214.171.124.94 | www.chateau-richelieu.com