BioWeingut Haider | Biodynamic estate winery in the Neusiedlersee region of Austria.

Vineyards | 23 hectares (57 acres). Apetlon, Neusiedlersee. Pannonian climate. Flat terrain. Sandy-stony iron-rich brown earth.

Biodynamic certification | 2017 First vintage with full Demeter Biodynamic certification.

Polyculture | Chickens, (Hühner), pigeons (Tauben) and a herd of goats (Ziegen).

Winemaking | 100% hand picked.

White wines

Bio’Aura | 2017 11.5% alcohol + 1.6g/l RS.

Welschriesling | 2017 12.0% alcohol + 1.4g/l RS. No MLF. Nice, fresh, clear style, well picked and made at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Gelber Muskateller | 2017 11.5% alcohol + 1.3 g/l RS. Light, gently flavoured at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Weißburgunder | 2017 12% alcohol + 7.1g/l RS. Very nice, brilliant fruit at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Herbstzauber | 2017 Spätlese ‘Autumnmaigic’. 12.5%. 54.3g/l RS. Very clear style, pristine but anything but soulless in early at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Red wines

Blaufrankisch | 2017 13.5% alcohol. Barrel sample. From he more loamy soils. Very easy food wine with wonderful flow to the fruit and tannin at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Zweigelt | 2017 Neusiedlersee DAC. 13% alcohol. Barrel sample. 70% of these grapes are sold, and the remaining 30% goes into this. Nice and primary, clear fruit at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Attila | 2017 Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon. From stonier soils. 13.5% alcohol. Barrel sample. Very nice varietal character, grip and flow at the Demeter Austria tasting 2018.

Bibliography

Demeter Austria tasting 2018, Vienna 26th February.

Contact

Weingut Haider

Storchenplatz 1, A-7143 Apetlon, Austria

www.weingut-haider.at