Fattoria Viticcio is an estate with vineyards in Greve in Chianti, in the Chianti Classico DOCG region of Tuscany. In the early 1960s an engineer called Lucio Landini bought the estate. Viticcio was then managed by Lucio’s son, Alessandro Landini. There was also a joint-venture with the Molino di Sant’Antimo winery in Montalcino. Fattoria Viticcio also owns vineyards in the Tuscan Maremma, and makes wines under the Bolgheri DOC.

Owner: The estate appears to have changed hands in 2015.

Estate vineyards: Around 30ha. On hills overlooking Greve in Chianti.

Pink wines

Toscana IGT Rosato, Viticcio

Red wines

Toscana IGT Rosso, Bere: ‘Bere’ means to drink in Italian. Sangiovese 50%, Cabernet Sauvignon 25%, Merlot 25%.

Toscana IGT Rosso, Monile: 2015 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot.

Toscana IGT Rosso, Prunaio: Sangiovese-based.

Bolgheri DOC, Viticcio

Chianti Classico DOCG, Viticcio: 2017 98% 95% Sangiovese, 2% Merlot.

Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva, Beatrice: Originally a blend of Sangiovese combined with Cabernet and Merlot. From the 2007 vintage the Sangiovese content was lifted to 95%, with the remaining 5% being Cabernet Sauvignon. 1998 Bottled. |1999 Bottled.

Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva, Viticcio: 2016 90% Sangiovese, 5% Merlot, 5% Syrah.

Chianti Classico DOCG Gran Selezione, Prunaio2016 100% Sangiovese.

Vin Santo

Vin Santo del Chianti Classico DOCG Occhio di Pernice2011 100% Sangiovese.

Contact

Viticcio

Loc. San Creschi 12/A

I-50022 Greve in Chianti (FI = Firenze), Italy

Tel+39 055.854210 | www.viticcio.com