Casa Vinicola Triacca or the Triacca Wine Company was founded in 1897 by Domenico Triacca at the Tenuta La Gatta estate in the Valtellina region in Lombardy (Lombardia), Italy. The family is originally from Switzerland, its family-run business headquartered at Campascio, in Valposchiavo (Switzerland). The family has been in the wine business since 1897, selling its Italian wines mainly in the Swiss market but also in Italy and neighbouring countries.
The company is now run by Luca Triacca (oenologist) who represents the fourth generation (his brother Giovanni is also fourth generation, and manages the La Data estate and takes care of the Swiss market.). Luca’s father was the one who began expanding the business in 1969 by buying the La Madonnina estate near Greve-in-Chianti in the Chianti Classico DOCG. In 1990 the family acquired another Tuscan estate (vines, olives, cereals) called Poderuccio, this time in Montepulciano, from Massimo Romeo and which they renamed Fattoria Santavenere.