BODEGAS KRONTIRAS is a winery in the Mendoza region of ArgentinaConstantinos Krontiras, who was born in Greece, created the estate in 2004 with his wife, Silvina Macipe-Krontiras, who is from Argentine.

STAFF Oenologist & Head winemaker: Panos Zoumboulis (Greek; panos.zouboulis [at] ckasociados.com.ar). Assistant winemaker: Soledad Valdes. Director: Alex Macipe. Vines: Maricruz Antolin. Biodynamic consultants (from 2006): Rene Piamonte, Enzo Nastati (Italy) and Diego Vergelin (Argentina).

VINEYARDS–FINCA ELIES In Perdriel (Lunlunta), Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza: 10.6 hectares (26 acres) of land, with 4 hectares of vines. Planted in the late 1920s, early 1930s. In 2008 there were 3.5 hectares (8.6 acres) of Malbec and 0.5 hectares (1,23 acres) of Tempranillo. Also 1 hectare (2.47 acres) of olives. Flood irrigation.

VINEYARDS–FINCA AMBELIA In Villa Seca, Maipù, Mendoza. 18 hectares (44 acres). Planted from 2004. Flood irrigation. 14.1 hectares (34 acres) of vines in 2008 of which 11.5 hectares (28.4 acres) of Malbec, 1.53 hectares (3.8 acres) of Petit Verdot, 0.1 hectare (0.2 acres) of Tempranillo and 1.07 hectares (2.6 acres) acres of Chardonnay. Also 1.14 hectares (2.8 acres) of olive trees.

CERTIFICATION 2012 was the first vintage with full Demeter biodynamic certification.

WINERY Designed in 2007 by Bormida and Yanzon. Gravity, eco-friendly.

ROSÉ WINES 

DOÑO SILVINA ROSADO

RED WINES

SOLAR DEL ALMA MALBEC 

DOÑO SILVINA MALBEC DE VERANO Unoaked. 

DOÑA SILVINA MALBEC 2014 80%+ from Vila Seca in Maipù and the rest (c20%) from Lunlunta, Luyan de Cuyo. 10 months in barrel. Solid fruit, bit of jam, satisfying at M Bio 2017. DOÑA SILVINA MALBEC RISERVA From the old vines in Lunlunta, Luyan de Cuyo. New French oak.

DOÑA SILVINA PETIT VERDOT

OTHER PRODUCTS Grappa. Extra virgin olive oil.

CONTACT Bodegas y Viñedos Krontiras, Olavarría 4900, Luján de Cuyo, Maipù, Mendoza, Argentina / www.bodegaskrontiras.com